For our family to have clean drinking water each one of us would like to install the best water purifier in India with price in our homes. It is hard to get clean and safe drinking water these days. We can blame environmental degradation, mounting population and rapid industrial development to be the causes for limited availability of clean drinking water. Buying bottled water is expensive and limits our consumption thus; every household ensures that they have a water purifier at home. There are many brands that offer water purifiers and each of them boasts of unique features that offer more than just clean drinking water. Let us learn more about water purifiers, so you know which features to check for before buying one.
What is a Water Purifier ? Read Review & Guide
Water has a lot of minerals, there are some that are good for us, but there are others that can be harmful when consumed excessively. A good water purifier will remove all suspended particles, excessive salts, and microbes present in the water. However, it will also retain all the essential and good minerals and vitamins that are beneficial to us. Therefore, it is crucial that we be aware of purification techniques that the water purifiers in the market provide to ensure that the drinking water is pure and clean.
A water purifier first imbibes raw contaminated water, filters out all the impurities present in it. The impurities can be anything from sediments to micro-organisms. It then dispenses clean and drinkable water. A purifier also removes viruses and bacteria in the water, which can otherwise cause diseases when consumed through it. There are some manufacturers that use chemicals in their purifiers, while others use electrostatic charges to kill the harmful bacteria.
Best water purifier in India With Price 2020
Here are top six best water purifier in India with price :
- HUL Pureit Copper
- Color: Black and Copper, Capacity: 8 litres, Power: 60 watts, Input Water Temperature: 10˚ to 40˚C, Operative Input voltage: 100 -300V ac; 50Hz, Material tank type: Food grade engineered plastic
- Installation: Free installation is provided by the brand. Please wait for 24 hrs for the brand to contact you post-delivery for metro cities. For others, please wait for 48 hrs for brand to contact you post delivery. Else kindly contact the brand customer service 1860-210-1000 or 1860-180-1000 for installation post-delivery
- Can be used for TDS upto 2000 ppm. Please use a TDS meter to find out the correct TDS of your water source before buying a water purifier
Pureit is a trusted brand that has been offering advanced water purifiers. This model of water purifier offers 8 litres of pure drinking water at a go. It offers different types of water purification processes such as UV, RO and MF 7 stage.
- Copper induced technology gives you healthy drinking water that has anti-inflammatory and anti-micbrobial properties. It has a dual dispensing feature that gives you the choice of getting copper infused water or plain RO water.
- Comes with space to keep bottle so your hands are free to do other jobs
- Has a very trendy look
- Maintenance is pocket-friendly
2. KENT Superb Star 9-litres Wall Mountable
- Multiple purification by RO+UF +TDS Control process which removes even dissolved impurities and such as arsenic, rust, pesticides and fluorides, and kills bacteria and viruses to make water 100% pure and suitable for drinking
- TDS control system allows adjustment of tds level of purified water which retains essential natural minerals in drinking water
- UV LED protection in the storage tank to keep purified water pure for longer periods
Kent is one of the most loved water purifier brands in Indian households. The brand undoubtedly upholds its name by providing reliable water purifiers that provide clean drinking water.
- It retains all the essential minerals present in the water with the help of TDS controller present in it
- Digital display reveals the parameters of the water, so the user knows when to get it serviced
- It offers 9 litres of water storage tank
- No service charges for 3 years along with a warranty for one year
- High maintenance
3. Havells Pro Alkaline 7 Litre
- Absolute safe and great tasting water with 100 percent RO and UV purification, minerals fortification that provides alkaline water in pH 8 to 10 with alkaline taste enhancer
- Natural mineralz fortification: improves the pH level and adds natural minerals with trace elements to deliver alkaline water.
- Consumer friendly alerts – Cartridge Life, Self diagnostic, purification process, tank full, low water pressure, Error alerts – UV, SV, pump failure
This water purifier from Havells provides you with clean water that is not only safe to drink but also tastes great. Havells is a well-known company that manufactures reliable products and this water purifier is one of them.
- Delivers alkaline water by removing excessive minerals and retaining the natural essential minerals that are healthy for the body
- 6 stages of water purification ensure you can your family has access to clean and pure drinking water
- Has a modern look and can be either kept free-standing or hanged on the wall
- The bright LEDs ensure that you can see the parameters even in the night or a dark room
- The motor is a bit noisy
Related Article on Water Purifier
4. Livpure Envy Plus Water Purifier With Pre Filter
- Color: Dark Maroon
- Modern look and stylish design with taste enhancer
- With 7 Stage advanced purification system
Livpure offers budget-friendly water purifiers in India for home. You can get safe and healthy drinking water without having to spend too much.
- It purifies up to 15 litres of water in an hour
- Lightweight and very easy to install
- It comes with water enhancer that gives a nice taste to drinking water
- 7 stages of advanced water purification give you safe drinkable water
- Low annual maintenance
The water dispensing tap design can be improved
5. Konvio Neer Amrit
- Purify water input upto 3000 TDS (80 GPD high flow imported membrane).
- 1 Year offsite warranty on electrical parts
- Paid installation by trained professional, please place installation request by contacting Konvio Support. Every visit call after installation is chargeable and charges are 350/-.
Konvio Neer Amrit is an emerging brand and new in the market, but it uses advanced technologies of water purification to provide clean and pure water to the users.
- It offers high TDS up to 3000 RO system to purify the water
- The ultraviolet lamp by Philips installed in the purifier ensures that any germs, if bred in the storage tank when water is stored for long, are killed and removed before it is dispensed.
- Value of money
- Installation is not free
6. Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Geneus DX
No products found.
Eureka Forbes has long been serving its customers with various household goods that make life easier. The Geneus DX version of their Aquaguard is highly in demand and a great water purifier.
- Water level can be seen through the LCD screen
- Fills water quickly
How Does a Water Purification System Work ?
To keep your family safe from all types of water-borne diseases, it is vital that you have a good water purifier installed at your home. There are different ways in which water is purified in the filtration process. The quality of water that is available in your locality is different for everyone and depending on this water quality, you can pick a water purifier. There are different types of purification methods that manufacturers make their water purifiers with. Here are some of the most important ones that you must look for when buying a water purifier.
Reverse Osmosis – Commonly addressed as RO, the Reverse Osmosis system is a multi-stage water filtration process. The active carbon is combined with particle filtration in this process. The water supply water is passed through a membrane, which is a polymer film having very tiny pores. This membrane weeds out all minerals and micro-organisms present in the water. The impurities that are collected are flushed out through a thin pipe. A water purifier that offers RO water betters the taste of water. Since RO process the minerals and micro-organisms, there are some bacteria that might pass through this membrane. Hence there should be another level of water purification to kill this bacterium. Places, where the water has high content of dissolved minerals, must always use an RO water purifier. Although the process of RO is quite necessary, it also drains some important minerals that are healthy for humans. Besides the polymer membrane always requires maintenance else the water will not filter properly.
Ultraviolet Purification – Also known as UV water purification, it is a process of water filtration in which ultraviolet rays are used to kill all the bacteria, germs, cysts, or any microbes present in the water. This process has the ability to clean the water by 99.99%. The UV process is quite simple but effective. The process uses a small mercury lamp present within the water purifier which creates short wave UV radiations that irradiate the water and then destroy the ability of the bacteria to reproduce by penetrating through the cells of the virus and bacteria present in the water. These tiny harmful organisms lose their ability to multiply and soon perish. The process just kills the organisms but doesn’t get rid of the dead bodies of these dead germs. Separate filters required to remove the bodies physically. The UV purification method is done along with the other forms of filtration like RO.
Ultra Filtration Purification – The UF purification method uses a membrane just like the one that is used in RO process. The only difference is that the UF uses one that has bigger pores. This membrane gets rid of almost all pathogenic organisms, colloidal particles and suspended particles which cause the water to look cloudy (also referred to as turbidity). It removes all bacteria and germs from the water. A UF water purifier would work perfectly if the water supply is not very hard. However, it would need the combination of RO process if the TDS of the water is high or it is very hard. The UF purification also gets rid of the dead germs and bacteria from the water. UF process doesn’t remove the salts and solids dissolved in the water. These are the three main types of water purification methods that are used in water purifiers available in the market. Most manufacturers add more than one process in the water purifiers to ensure that the customers get clean and safe water to drink. The more types of purification processes the better the water filter. Besides the above three there are two more water filtration processes that are used.
Activated Carbon Filter – In this type of water purification, the activated carbon filters remove harsh chemicals such as chloride along with impurities and pesticides from the water. The process changes the odour and taste of the water and makes it drinkable. However, it doesn’t remove the microbes from the water. This process works without any electricity.
Candle Filter Purifier – Such type of water purification works on a very simple and basic mechanism. Ceramic candle filters that are made out of clay are used in water filters. They mechanically trap pathogens and suspended materials. Like activated carbon filters these too cannot remove microbes and do not need electricity to function. The candle needs to be replaced at regular intervals else the pores get blocked with impurities, and the water doesn’t pass through properly or takes a very long time.
Activated carbon filter and candle filter are used in water filters that do not run on electricity.
FAQ’S for Water Purifiers
Q1. What is water purification?
The process by which water is cleaned of all types of impurities is termed as water purification. The impurities present in the water may be anything from micro-organisms to physio-chemical pollutants. There can be more than one process involved in the purification of water.
Q2. What are the different types of impurities found in water?
There are two main types of impurities in water:
- a) Dissolved impurities that are soluble in water like – fluoride, pesticides, and heavy metals salts such as copper, lead, mercury and cadmium.
- b) Suspended impurities that are not soluble in water like sand, bacteria, dust mud and viruses.
Q3. Does RO Water Purifier also remove the essential minerals in water?
RO purifiers from good companies have a mineral modulator that produces electromagnetic vibrations in the water, preventing the mineral scale formation within the UV chamber which thereby helps in the retention of good minerals in the water.
Q4. Is between purified water different from bottled mineral water?
A good water purifier provides fresh and clean water that is microbiologically pure. Moreover, it warrants that the water is 100% pure when it is being consumed without any possibilities for recontamination.
Bottled water is not purified when it is about to be consumed. Therefore, there are chances that it may be contaminated again proper control measures are not followed.
- Which water purifier should I install at home or office?
It is significant you learn the type of water supply that you are getting at home/office. Once you know the water input TDS, you will be able to pick a water purifier that uses the right purification processes required to make the water drinkable.
- How long can the water be stored in the filter without it being contaminated?
The filtered and clean water should be stored in clean containers preferably made of glass or steel. It is best to replace the stored water every two days. The storage filter is likely to breed microorganisms after a certain time. So, the water in the filter must be used and replaced regularly.