Got a dream? You are preparing a rich meal for in-laws, and the food got burnt and stuck the pan. Oh my God!! This bad dream situation can be avoided with a little preparation by buying the best non stick cookware for indian cooking for your kitchen. If you are bothered about going to market, don’t worry, they are available online. There are a few things you should keep in mind when deciding upon the perfect and best non-stick cookware for your modern kitchen. Let us take a comprehensive look at the best non stick cookware for indian cooking, its effects on health and its safety.
A non-stick surface reduces the ability of the cooking materials to stick to the surface. The non-stick coating helps in browning of the food without sticking to the pan. The non-stick coating is made of PTFE, it is also known as Teflon. It makes cooking fast. Cooking in non-stick and Teflon cookware is safe for everyday cooking as in your home kitchen the temperatures does not exceed 300°C or 5700F.
In cooking, the process of flipping, turning, and frying of food is an everyday affair. It’s a routine that while coking, the food sticks to the base or burns if you happen to miss a couple of seconds of attention. You can avoid this by using the best non-stick cookware. The food will not stick to the surface of the pan used. Also, it is easy and safe to cook delicate foods. There’s a controversy around non-stick coatings, Teflon. Some claim they’re harmful and lead to cancer, while according to others it is completely safe.
So, what is non stick cookware ?
Non-stick cookware, such as pans, tawa, or saucepans, is coated with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which is also known as Teflon. Teflon, a synthetic chemical made up of fluorine and carbon atoms. Besides, convenient to use and easy to clean, it requires very little oil or butter. Teflon products are PFOA-free. Thus, it is not a cause for health concern. The non-stick cookware is very convenient and reliable for today’s kitchens. It is available at very affordable prices. It warms the food evenly and helps in food browning, and prevents the burning of food.
Why should we choose Best Non Stick Cookware For Indian Cooking ?
The non-stick cookware is an important part of any kitchen today. It requires very less oil, thus making the food very healthy.
What different types of cookware are available?
It is very important to choose the appropriate type or style of the cookware. It depends on your way of cooking. Today different types and colours of stylish non-stick cookware are available in the market. It depends on you which one to buy. You can pick up any from the available choices. Also, you can choose the cookware as per the requirement of your food item E.g., pot, pan, dish, poacher, kettle or smoker, etc.
Best Non Stick Cookware For Indian Cooking Online :
- Wonder chef Granite Die-Cast Aluminium Casserole (Induction Base)
- Die-cast casserole set with an elegant design
- Made from high quality aluminium ; Suitable for use on a gas stove, ceramic plate, hob, hot plate and induction plate ; Inspired by Italian design and adhere to German quality standards
- Free from harmful chemicals
It is a Die-cast casserole set with a beautiful and elegant design. It is made up of high-quality Aluminium. It is suitable for use on a gas stove, hot plate and induction plate. Uses Italian design and follow the German quality standards. It contains no harmful chemicals. It is compatible with induction cooktops for easy coking.
It is the best and apt choice for gifting to the loved ones.
It comes in Grey colour. Material: Aluminium.
There are six pieces in this set.
- 1-Piece Casserole with Capacity of 1.25 Litres with Diameter
- of 16cm,
- 1-Piece Casserole with 2.25 Litres capacity and Diameter 20cm,
- 1-Piece Casserole with Capacity of 4 Litres and Diameter 24cm
- and contains 3 Lids.
A must buy for your modern kitchen.
- Prestige Omega Select Plus Non-Stick Set
No products found.
This 3-piece non-stick cookware is ideal for cooking a variety of dishes. You can use a metal spoon with its scratch and abrasion-resistant technology and comes with robust handles. It is available in 2 colours, Black and Silver, and made up of Aluminium.
It contains 3-Pieces and is only gas-stove compatible.
It comes with the product warranty of 1 Year.
Package contains Prestige Omega Omni
- Tawa of size 250 mm,
- Kadai with SS Lid and flat base, thickness 250 mm,
- Fry Pan of thickness 250 mm.
- Nirlon Non-Stick Aluminium Mini Cookware Set
- PFOA free
- Gas Compatible
This set comes in red colour and material aluminium. It is PFOA free and gas Compatible. Nirlon non-stick kitchen cookware has a high-quality aluminium base that guarantees high heat retention. It is non-toxic made with heavy gauge aluminium. It is extremely durable and dishwasher safe.
- 1-piece Kadhai of 850 ml,
- 1-piece flat Tawa with diameter 20 cm,
- 1-piece fry pan with diameter 16.5 cm.
- Nirlon Non-Stick Aluminium Cookware Set
No products found.
It is made of PTFE Exterior, which helps in easy cleaning. Its non-stick coating offers a long-lasting life to this set. Its non-stick surface gives the best results for a longer time and is metal spoon friendly. It helps in healthy cooking as no oil or butter is needed while cooking. It is suitable for use only with Gas and not with induction hobs. It is non-toxic, durable and scratch-resistant.
It is a 6 Pieces set and comes in black and red colour.
- It has a flat Tawa of 27.5 cm size,
- One concave Tawa of 28.5 cm, one fry pan with steel lid of 2 litres capacity,
- One Kadai of 1.5-litre capacity, one Appa Chatty of 22 cm,
- and a saucepan of 1.8 litres.
A must buy for every modern kitchen.
- Nirlon Greenchef Granite Cookware Combo Gift Set, Green, 7 Piece
- Unique and Stylish cookware set add beauty to your kitchen
- Healthy non-stick coating free from PFOA and heavy metals
- Pure grade aluminium for even heat distribution
Nirlon Green chef Granite Cookware comes as a Combo Gift Set. It is green in colour and contains 7 Pieces. Its unique and Stylish look adds beauty to your modern kitchen. It has a healthy non-stick coating which is free from PFOA and heavy metals with pure grade aluminium which helps in even heat distribution while cooking.
Cookware set contains
- 1 Flat Tawa for Dosa,
- 1 Fry Pan, 1 Kadhai,
- 1 Glass Lid and three nylon spoons.
It is the best buy at low cost, a must-have for your kitchen.
- Chef Royal Velvet Aluminium Cookware Set
- Material: Aluminum with Non-stick coating
- Package Contents: 1-Piece Dosa Tawa (24cm), 1-Piece Frying Pan (24cm), 1-Piece Wok (24cm), 1-Piece Glass Lid (24cm) and 1-Piece Free Mini Frying Pan (14cm)
- Designer pans with health-friendly 5-layer non-stick coating
It is used with induction base cooking and comes in a set of 5-Pieces. Its beautiful Purple colour gives your kitchen a perfect stylish touch. It is made up of Aluminium with non-stick coating and comes with a 2-year warranty.
It comes in a package of
- 1-Piece Dosa Tawa, size 24cm,
- 1-Piece Frying Pan, size 24cm,
- 1-Piece Wok size 24cm,
- 1-Piece Glass Lid size 24cm
- and 1-Piece Free Mini Frying Pan size 14cm.
These designer pans come with 5-layer non-stick coating perfect for healthy cooking. Its beautiful marble look adds beauty to your kitchen.
A perfect buy for a small family.
Get the best non stick cookware in India of your choice, and enjoy easy and healthy cooking!!
There are different types of non-stick cookware available and a few examples of the best cookware brands in India are as follows:
Nirlon cookware uses advanced technology but without sacrificing on the quality and the convenience. This Cookware is safe to use and also very easy to clean. Nirlon provides a very classic quality cookware, with modern styling for today’s kitchen. This non-stick cookware is made with sturdy aluminium which heats quickly and evenly. This reduces burning of the food. The coating is of top-quality, and the look of the cookware is very smart and elegant. Shatter-resistant glass lids with easy-to-grasp knobs help to monitor while cooking. It helps the food not to lose heat and moisture. The Bakelite handles are strong and have a solid grip. The oil usage is very less making the food very healthy.
The elegant look with excellent quality is what Hawkins gives us. The products are made with an extremely protected process and an astounding non-stick coating, which is made in Germany. It has a tough hard anodized surface underneath. They keep going longer than ordinary non-stick. They are heated quickly and uniformly.
Wonder chef is one of the most famous brands in fine quality kitchenware. It is induction based. This is an additional quality to point over other brands. Designer pans with 5-layer non-stick coating are available in this brand. You have a choice to use it on induction, gas, electric and glass stovetops. It is available in designer soft-touch handles. The only drawback is few models come without covers.
Prestige non-stick cookware is safe, PFOA free cookware which promotes healthy cooking. It uses German technology. The Omega Deluxe Granite range from Prestige can be used on both induction and gas cooktops. It comes with the granite finish coating, very durable and long-lasting and is dishwasher-safe.
After knowing about few different companies manufacturing the non-stick cookware, we will find out how to minimise the risks while using them while cooking.
Best Non Stick Cookware For Indian Cooking Tips
- Don’t preheat an empty pan as it reaches high temperatures within minutes, and release the polymer fumes. Make sure there is some food or liquid in the cooking pan before you preheat.
- Do not cook on high heat.
- Always Cook on medium or low heat, and avoid broiling.
- Make sure your kitchen is well ventilated
- While cooking, turn on your exhaust fan or open up windows. This will help in clearing fumes.
- Use of wooden, silicone or plastic spoons is recommended.
- Metal spoons will make scratches on the non-stick cookware, and will reduce the life of the cookware.
- Gently wash the non-stick cookware with a sponge and warm water. Don’t use steel wool or hard scrub, since they will scratch the surface.
- Replace old cookware when the coatings will start to deteriorate with scratches, peeling, chipping and flaking.
What is PTFE ?
PTFE is polytetrafluoroethylene. It is used as a non-stick coating for the best non-stick cookware and frying pans. The water and grease-repellent properties of PTFE prevent the food from sticking to the base during cooking. It is non-flammable.
What should be observed when cooking, baking and frying with PTFE-coated utensils ?
In Utensils with PTFE, we should avoid overheating. Remember, never heat it when empty. Special care should be taken while using an induction stove as the heating can be very quick.
Is non-stick cookware safe ?
The non-stick coating PTFE, also known as Teflon, makes the cooking very fast and easy. The Teflon cookware is completely safe for home cooking. In our homes as the temperatures never exceed 3000 C.
Is the non-stick cookware dangerous if scratched ?
When your non-stick cookware is scratched, some of the coatings can flake into your food. This results in the releasing of toxic compounds. The base also becomes stickier. Thus, if your non-stick cookware is damaged, throw it out or replace it with a new one.
Can you put a non-stick pan in the dishwasher ?
Many non-stick cookware companies claim to be dishwasher safe. But the super-hot water and harsh detergents may damage the non-stick coating. Hence as a precaution, wash your non-stick cookware by hand with foam or a soft scrubber.
Can you leave food in a Teflon pan overnight ?
No, food should not be stored in the non-stick pans or cookware even for a night.
How do you clean non-stick pans ?
The non-stick cookware is cleaned using a soft sponge or scrubber, washcloth, or paper towel with dishwashing soap. Gently rub the surface of the pan to remove any food particles stuck to the pan. Thoroughly rinse the pan with clean water. This will help to remove any remaining soap.
Why is baking soda used to clean non-stick pans ?
The baking soda acts as a scratchy medium and eliminates the residue without harming the non-stick surface. Once the residue is cleaned, wash the cookware with soap water. Rinse completely and dry it with a soft cloth.
Does non-stick coating wear off easily ?
Some Teflon non-stick coatings are guaranteed for the lifetime of the cookware. They are very durable and the technology resists chipping, peeling, and flaking of the non-stick cookware.
How do I choose a good non-stick pan ?
A good non-stick cookware should have comfortable handles and should be slip-resistant.
Visit BestoIndia.in For more information.