One of the technologies that we rely heavily on today is ACs and the list of best AC in India is huge. With the inception of Air Conditioners, also known as AC’s, the way of life has changed. It is a technology which removes moisture and heat from the room. With a rise in global temperature, the need for AC’s has just increased with time. During summers, almost everyone wants to be in a room equipped with air conditioners. But there have been arguments about whether AC’s are good for us or bad. So let’s dive in a little deeper and check the pros and cons of having air conditioners. The best AC in India will have the same pros and cons as the worst one, the only difference between the best and the worst AC will be its features.
What are the types of best AC in India ?
Purchasing an AC for your home is one of the most important investment decisions that you make. If you don’t purchase the right one, it can result in higher maintenance costs and even replacement costs in case you purchased the wrong one the first time around. Since there is more than one type of AC, you should carefully examine each type and then buy the best one for you. Mentioned below is a list of different types of AC.
Central Air Conditioners
Some of the cheap and best split AC in India are not just simple air conditioners, instead, they are central air conditioners. Now central air conditioners can be quite expensive. But at the same time, they provide great utility. You won’t have to invest in different air conditioners around the house, you can just set up one central air conditioner which will work for your whole house regardless of how big it is. It can also help in heating your home at the time of winters by setting up a heating motor and fan in the same air tunnel.
Ductless Air Conditioners
This is the most common type of air conditioner used by us. Almost every house and office has one of these ACs, if not the central AC. Ductless air conditioners just need to be connected with an outdoor compressor which can handle or more than one air conditioning unit. These AC’s can be easily mounted on the walls. The best part is these can be independently controlled for each room they are installed in which is not the case with centralised AC. But at the same time, they will be very expensive in terms of cooling the whole house because then you would need more of them and that would directly drive up your electricity cost.
Portable Air Conditioners
These are very good air conditioners in terms of utility. If you live alone and want an air conditioner around you all the time, you purchase a portable air conditioner. It has a wheel and you can drive it around the house as per your convenience so that you can ensure a cool environment for you wherever you go.
Window Air Conditioners
Window AC’s are now a little old fashioned. In the early days, people used window AC’s to help them keep their rooms cool. All of the components of the AC are composed in a single box which is then fitted into the window. If there is no window space available, then you will probably have to get a hole in your wall so that the AC can be fitted into that precise space. It is a good option to get it a little lower so that you can handle the AC manual settings with your own hands at a comfortable height.
Hybrid Air Conditioner
If you are searching for one of the best AC in India, hybrid air conditioners can be the category you can search along. They burn fossil fuels and electricity alternatively so that you can save money and energy both.
What are the pros and cons of Split AC in India ?
- Reduces heat stroke – According to a study from the centres of Disease Control and Prevention, air conditioners have contributed to saving people from heat strokes. Before the invention of air conditioners, there were more reported cases of heat strokes in the summer. But the percentage of those reports have decreased significantly since the inception of air conditioners. Doctors, however, recommend to not only rely on air conditioners, but also drink more water.
- Easing asthma and allergies – For people who are susceptible to asthma or allergy attacks, air conditioners can help you. According to research, people who stay under air conditioners suffer from lesser allergy and asthma attacks. With the help of air conditioners, it is possible to reduce the levels of humidity inside the room which decreases the dust and mites inside the room.
- Improves the air quality – With the help of air conditioners, you can treat the quality of air very significantly. Rooms which have air conditioners installed in them have a much better atmosphere than the rooms which don’ It also prevents the growth of mould and mildew in the room. Going for the best AC in India will ensure that you have good quality air coming out of the air filters of the air conditioner.
- High cost of electricity – If you have an air conditioner installed in your home or office you know the kind of power it takes to run it. Air conditioners can drive up your electricity cost too high if you don’t limit its use. It is also not a good thing for nature. Air conditioners contribute to the addition of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere which drive up global warming on Earth.
- Skin dryness – If you spend a lot of time in front of an air conditioner, it will dry up your skin. The moisture from your skin is dried up when you are under the air conditioner for a prolonged period. People who already have dry skin will just see aggravated problems. So it can contribute to the irritation in the skin.
- More respiratory problems – Our body can’t handle the stress of a rapid changing environment again and again. So when you enter a very cool room which has been cooled with the help of an air conditioner or directly take the air coming out of the machine in your body, it can be bad for you. If you have just come from the outside where there was a very high temperature, it would be a wise thing for you if you set the temperature settings of your air conditioner a little high.
- High chances of respiratory tract infections and allergies – There is one thing that you have to pay a lot of attention to when you have an air conditioner installed in your home. That thing is to clean it from time to time. Air conditioners can collect a lot of dust over time in the air filters present inside. So if you don’t want to do it yourself, call a company agent and get it cleaned once at least every 6 months. If you don’t do that, you increase the chances of you getting a respiratory tract infection. Even the best AC in India won’t be safe for you if you don’t get it cleaned once in a while.
Best 6 Best selling Split AC in India
1.Voltas 1.4 Ton 3 Star Wi-Fi Inverter Split AC with Amazon Alexa (Copper, 173VWZJ, White)
If you are looking for the best Home AC in India, then this model of Voltas AC’s is the best you will get in India. It is currently demanded in huge quantities simply because of the utilities that it provides. It can run on very low power and yet provide great results. It is a split AC so you don’t have to worry a lot about learning to use it. The AC comes with an LCD remote through which you can control the settings of the AC. If you want to have a comfortable sleeping experience, you can also set your AC in the sleeping mode which will then automatically fine-tune the room temperature settings of your AC so that you don’t feel either too cold or too hot. It also comes with an anti-bacteria mesh and an auto-restart option and auto clean facility.
- It will save you a lot of energy and thus ultimately your money on electricity bills.
- There is a sleep mode which will ensure that you have a sound sleep.
- It comes pre-installed with an advanced filter.
- It also comes with Alexa.
- The AC is quite expensive for an average Indian middle-class man.
- LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, KS-Q18YNXA, White)
LG is one of the most widely recognised brands in India. Almost every household in India has at least or more than one products of LG. This AC by LG is a full-size AC which will give you great performance but at the same time will save you a lot of energy as well. The best thing is that it comes with a 1-year warranty. The size of this LG AC is 1.5 Tons and it has a great cooling ability. It can cool a large room within a few minutes. The body of the AC is anti-rust and that also gives the AC’s compressor a longer life.
- It comes with Himalaya Cooling Expertise
- The AC is also equipped with monsoon comfort tech
- The compressor of the AC is made with the anti-rust body so that its life is long.
- It is probably not the most efficient AC in energy-saving and consumption.
- O General ASGA18FTTC Split 3 Star 1.5 Ton Air Conditioner (White)
O General is a company which is more like an underdog in a ruthless and competitive market of the air conditioners. But it does come in the list of some of the best AC in India. Since the company’s inception, O General has been gaining a good name for itself in the Indian markets. This is because it is providing people with excellent feature ACs but yes at a fairly expensive price. This AC comes with a twin filter and an automatic restart option. The compressor is a rotating one so that the workload is managed efficiently.
- The cooling performance is subpar and is satisfying.
- Price of this AC is very nominal
- It has a stylish design
- Its air filter is of average quality.
- Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper,KASHIKOI 5100x RSB518HBEA.Z White)
Hitachi is a very famous company and has a very large market share in the Indian electronics market. This AC from Hitachi makes the list of best AC in India. It is because it has a very satisfying cooling capacity and the machine has excellent resilience. The unique thing about this AC is that Hitachi used its powerful air stream flap in this one.
- The AC consumes less power because it is an inverter AC.
- It has multi-level filters inside.
- The cooling capacity of the AC is amazing.
- It is very costly.
- Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, 1.5T MAGICOOL PRO 5S COPR INVERTER, White)
Even Whirlpool is a very famous brand in India. Not only because of the excellent ad strategy of the company but also because of the kind of quality that the company provides. This AC has been rated 5 stars and has an amazing and strong cooling capacity. It is more than anyone can want for their homes.
- It is very powerful and stylish
- It will provide an amazing cooling experience
- The AC’s are reasonably priced.
- There are no additional filters
- Blue Star 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, IC318MATU, White)
It is an AC which will defend your AC from the fluctuating voltage but, at the same time, will also save a lot of energy for you. The AC is a 1.5 Ton AC, which has an amazing cooling capacity. It is also rated a 3 star AC.
- Since it is an inverter AC, it consumes less power.
- It has multi-level filters inside it.
- The cooling capacity is just amazing.
- It is very costly.
All these ACs are good with a number of pros and few cons. You can go for any one of these above 6 products but always check the reviews before making your final decision.